|I do stuff like this to my kids pictures all the time. Cracks us all up!|
|How can you not laugh?|
|Thats some awesome teamwork!|
|Photos taken at the exact right time…Always worth a giggle!
You probably wouldn’t expect it considering I have a wallpaper and wall mural business but I actually also love a freshly painted room. So, I thought I would share my favorite Painting tips that may help you in your next room makeover.
1. My first tip is immediately change your lightbulbs to a Natural Light Light Bulb. You will notice these bulbs have a gray tone. Gray is the most neutral color and the best to see the true shade of color that you are looking at. Most graphic artists and printing shops have a color booth with gray walls to see that colors are printing properly. If your light is too yellow or pink, it will change how you see the color. Pretty inexpensive precaution (rather than re-painting when you have the wrong color).
2. Cut those paint chips and separate them. Sometimes it’s really confusing to see which shade you like when they are all lumped together. If you cut and separate them, you are seeing them independently and picking your favorites is MUCH easier! …and please make sure you pick good paint. Almost all the pros use Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore paints.
3. Get samples of your Top 3 Colors whenever possible. Buying a small jar of your top 2 colors and painting wide strips of the color, living with it, and THEN making that decision will save you time, stress and money. Nothing is worse that re-painting a room because you realize you can’t live with the color…and believe me, I have done this MANY, MANY times (just ask my poor husband).
4. TAPE! Unless you are an expert, tape the room along all edges. I know this is a pain (and it has always been my job in this family) but it must be done. It will save you from freaking out when you accidentally paint the ceiling or window casing and it just won’t come off.
5. Make sure to remove all the switch covers. You really do not want to accidentally paint over those. Especially is you have upgraded to the really cute and expensive ones.
6. Now, this one is a little odd but I have found it to be a life saver. Blow dry the edges of your paint tape. Usually, edging is the last thing you do. And by that time you are a little anxious and maybe you remove the tape before it is perfectly dry. You will notice a choppy line that is anything but chic. Spending a little time drying the edges by the paint tape with a hair dryer will give you those clean lines you are looking for.
Congratulations! You should have a perfectly painted room in your favorite color!
Now, maybe you want to add some drama and add a wall mural to one wall?
Come visit us at www.customizedwalls.com to pick out your favorite one!
Well, gone are the days when adding design as either an accent or a dramatic element to you room is either permanent or tacky… Our product at http://www.customizedwalls.com is completely removable with not damage to your walls. And, we take in works and designs from some of the greatest artists in the world. Your wall mural can be a photo, painting, design or even a simple pattern. How busy or muted is purely up to you.
Here are some choices in mural that I thought would interest you. Not overwhelming or particularly busy and just in good taste.
|A wall mural print on the ceiling www.customizedwalls.com|
|Muted zebra makes this room really come together. www.customizedwalls.com|
|Hot trend colors for this year. Our standard murals can have colors changed with a click of a button, www.customizedwalls.com|
Well, I hope you have a happy day!!
Recently, we had a customer fall in love with a discontinued wallpaper. She sent us an image and asked if we could help.
|This is the picture she had…Lovely, isn’t it?|
And she wanted us to try to recreate it they best we could.
So, we came up with this:
|Pretty darn close, huh?|
So, in about an hour we had blown away a client and were able to show off what we can do.
If you had an old design, photo you love, or just an idea of what you would like we can design just about anything and make it into a patterned or full image wallpaper that is so personal. Because it is about you and what you love.